It is very easy to clean, maintain and sanitize epoxy floor systems and this is one of the biggest advantages of such floors as well. But to get the maximum output, we have come up with the following tips,
- Once the installation is done, you need to let it be without any sort of foot traffic for 24 hours. Until the entire floor is been cured, epoxy floors cannot be exposed water. So it would be the best to leave it for 72 hours before cleaning or doing anything on to it.
- Removing dirt/ sand out of the floor is a piece of cake, all you need to do is take a hand broom and sweep the place or you could even use a vacuum machine. Do not use any sort of stiff bristle brushes as it might damage the floor.
- By any chance, there is a chemical spill on the floor, you need to neutralize soon as possible and clean the area as well, the combination, color, the temperature the duration of that chemical spill may all affect the floors, and such exposure might ruin the appearance of the floor if you don’t handle it right away, this is one thing you may want to keep your eye on, when it comes to industrial epoxy flooring Melbourne as well.
- It is okay to use cleaning solution on the floors regularly and disinfect, keep a habit of putting 1/3rd of a cup of dish washing liquid to five liters of water and mop the floors. This will help you clean and disinfect at the same time.
- Do remember that the things you use in cleaning the floors may affect the gloss and the total appearance of the floor. So before you pour it out on to that beautiful floor, test the cleaning agent in a small area on the floor.
- When it comes to cleaning with hot water, keep In mind that the hot water cannot excess 140 Fahrenheit. Don’t create puddles and make sure that the hose is moving constantly during cleaning.
- As to provide a high luster to the epoxy floor, you can use waxes and sealers. But make sure that the previous coat of wax and sealers has been removed before the new coating.
- Well, that’s about it as to how to maintain your concrete floors. The key point you need to take in mind is that, the floor will look great as long as there is no any discoloration or any sort of stain on the floor make sure to maintain the gloss and have it look beautiful every day.